Jun 10, 2015
This week we explore, in depth, the comic book history of Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil, The Man Without Fear!
- Ryan reminsces about reading Daredevil #181 as a child and gives a brief history of the character through Stan Lee, Bill Everett, Gene Colan, Frank Miller's initial "Elektra Saga" run and subsequent "Born Again" arc, Ann Nocenti and the creation of Typhoid Mary, D.G. Chichester and the armoured costume, Karl Kesel, abd Joe Kelly
- The Man Without Fear #1-5 (1993) by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.
- Guardian Devil, Daredevil vol 2 #1-8 (1998-1999) by Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada.
- Bob Gale, David Mack, and the creation of Echo,
- Underboss, Daredevil vol 2 #26-31 (2001-2002) by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev.
- The Devil In Cell Block D, Daredevil vol 2 #82-87 (2006) by Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark.
- we allude to Diggle (but we don't talk about Shadowland in any great detail, don't worry).
- Here Comes Daredevil!, Daredevil vol 3, #1-6 (2011) by Mark Waid and Paulo Rivera.
- Devil At Bay, Daredevil vol 4 #1-5 (2014) by Mark Waid, Chris Samnee, and Peter Krause.
- Matt's role in Superior Iron Man #1-4 (2015) by Tom Taylor and Yildiray Cinar.
Next week it's...surprise! MORE DAREDEVIL! as we discuss his recent Netflix series and basically pretend the 2003 film doesn't exist.